Components of the Sets
- Clemco Supplied-Air Respirator Apollo 100
- Mylar lenses 25 pcs
- Blast suit size 52
- Air filter CPF-20R
- 20m Breathing air hose
The Apollo 100 is designed for use with compressed air systems.
It meets OSHA standards for respiratory protection and noise limitations.
The Apollo 100's full-helmet design and heavy-duty cape protect the blast operator's head, neck, shoulders, and chest from rebounding abrasive.
The Apollo 100 is a Type CE,continuous-flow, supplied-air respirator for abrasive blasting, to be used with a compressed air source.
The bright green helmet has a box-front window, and a protective cape. The Apollo 100 comes standard with DLX comfort-fit suspension.
The operator can adjust the flow of air. None of the valves can be adjusted beyond pre-set minimum and maximum settings specified by NIOSH.
A flexible breathing tube between the valve and the helmet allows free movement of the operator s head. This tube contains specially-formulated sound-deadening materials that help the respirator comply with 80 dBA maximum noise level while allowing free air flow.
For maximum protection while blasting, the operator should wear ear plugs or other suitable hearing protection and safety glasses or goggles.
The air enters the helmet at the rear, travels through a sound-attenuating distribution system at the top, and circulates about the operator's face. The incoming air maintains positive pressure inside the helmet, so exhaled air exits via the knit collar. Maintaining positive pressure inside the helmet helps keep out potentially harmful dust and abrasive.
- DLX comfort-fit suspension
- Box-front window features economical replacement lenses
- Sound-attenuating, air-distribution channel
- Lightweight construction
- Molded-in carrying handle
- Allows operator to wear supplementary hearing and primary eye protection
Approvals and Certifications
The Apollo 100 helmet is a NIOSH-approved, type CE respirator (approval number TC-19C-338)
Recognized by OSHA as having an assigned protection factor (APF) against lead dust of 1000 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL).
Description of operation
- The Apollo 100 is a single-shell construction helmet supported by an adjustable suspension.
- The DLX comfort-fit suspension surrounds the operator's head with comfortable padding. A chin strap holds the helmet firmly in place.
- The rectangular window provides a clear field of view. An inner fixed lens and one middle lens seal out dust and abrasive.
- Up to three lightweight, disposable outer lenses, held in place by a hinged frame, protect the middle lens from pitting.
- As the outermost disposable lens becomes pitted, it can be torn off to expose the next lens.